Here’s a special broadcast I made last week, named “Booze n’ Blues Sessions”. As you can easily understand this is quite different from my usual stoner rock / stoner doom broadcasts and its all about the blues. You can listen or download here:
Bike ride through the summer breeze, in an empty city at 2 a.m. = the perfect mind cleaner.
Anonymous said: Are you a hippie?
You got me. Its the first thing everyone notices about me.
Anonymous said: Your blog is fucking awesome! I really love it! Can I ask you a few things about you? 1Which is the last album did you buy? 2Name three bands that changed your life 3Name three things that you love 4Name three people that you hate 5Name something that you are proud of, and something that you are totally ashamed of. 6Are you single?
Well that escalated quickly :P Thanks for your kind words, and your -a little strange- mix of questions.
(Source: marsupilaminick, via desertcruiser1)
Fuzztastic Planet Fest, here I come.
Here’s a compilation I made as a tribute to the laziness of the summer and also a tribute to this chill out state of mind emerging after a few drinks. Its called "Rastone Psych Blues".
Ingredients: 3 ounces psychedelia,
3 ounces blues,
and 1 ounce stoner rock for the flavour.
1. The Earthbound - Gardenia (Kyuss cover)
2. Mark Lanegan - All Night Long (Junior Kimbrough cover)
3. This is Nowhere - Dope Head Blues (Victoria Spivey cover)
4. All Them Witches - The Death Of Coyote Woman
5. Blaak Heat Shujaa - High On Altitude
6. Robin Trower - Bridge Of Sighs
7. Geezer - Thorny
8. SQURL & Madeline Follin - Funnel of Love (Wanda Jackson cover)
9. The Chaw - Great Man
10. The Black Angels - Young Men Dead
11. Ufesas - She’s The Devil In My Head
12. Psychic Ills - Take Me With You
13. Kanoi - Suspicions Aside
14. Sons of Otis - Cosmic Jam
15. Child - Mean Square
16. Radar men from the Moon - Echo Forever
17. It’s Not Night: It’s Space - Soul of Each, God of All
You can download it for free, here
Time to give some credit to this great artist who’s behind the main artwork of my show, Mr. Phillip Banken who was kind enough to let me use it. The original artwork’s name is “The Ruiner” and its inspired by Mastodon. A Mastodon’s song is the inspiration for my radio show’s name too.
After the end of the second season of “All the Heavy Lifting”, Im looking back to some of the small achievements this amateur show managed in the last year:
- 36 exclusively fuzz fuelled episodes
- 2 “All the Heavy Lifting” parties
- An “All the Heavy Lifting” dj set as an opening act for the Monkey3 gig in Larissa, Greece
- An exclusive album presentation and interview (Lizardia)
- An interview in a Colombian radio show (Rock Stoner Colombia)
- Reaching up to #5 in podcast charts of Podomatic above all metal podcasts (1/4/2014)
- A four hour long episode with listener’s requests.
But the most important is that this show introduced me to great people not only in Greece but around the world, which is the main reason this show keeps going on. A big “Thank you” to everyone of you. See you in September.
(Source: lvperca, via lvperca)