Time to give some credit to this great artist who’s behind the main artwork of my show, Mr. Phillip Banken who was kind enough to let me use it. The original artwork’s name is “The Ruiner” and its inspired by Mastodon. A Mastodon’s song is the inspiration for my radio show’s name too.
After the end of the second season of “All the Heavy Lifting”, Im looking back to some of the small achievements this amateur show managed in the last year:
- 36 exclusively fuzz fuelled episodes
- 2 “All the Heavy Lifting” parties
- An “All the Heavy Lifting” dj set as an opening act for the Monkey3 gig in Larissa, Greece
- An exclusive album presentation and interview (Lizardia)
- An interview in a Colombian radio show (Rock Stoner Colombia)
- Reaching up to #5 in podcast charts of Podomatic above all metal podcasts (1/4/2014)
- A four hour long episode with listener’s requests.
But the most important is that this show introduced me to great people not only in Greece but around the world, which is the main reason this show keeps going on. A big “Thank you” to everyone of you. See you in September.
"All the Heavy Lifting" radio show episode 71* (11/7/2014) :
1. Purple Dino - Truck 2. Routes - Happy Death 3. Blind Dog - Blend 4. Lord 13 - Off The Edge 5. Fireball Ministry - Followed By A Fall 6. Probot (feat. Wino) - The Emerald Law 7. 1000mods - Low 8. Suplecs - Cities of the Dead 9. Wo Fat - The Conjuring 10. Elder - Dead Roots Stirring 11. Sleep - Snowblind (Black Sabbath cover) 12. Tempelheks - Swamp Ceremony 13. Hedonist - His soul’s still dancing 14. Matiasu - Cult of Serpent 15. Stake-Off The Witch - No One Cares About the Sun 16. Acid King - Drop 17. Fields of Locust - Fog
** “All the Heavy Lifting” radio show, originally airs every Friday at 18:00 (Athens Greece time, GMT+3) on Downtuned Radio
***Join “All the Heavy Lifting” radio show group on facebook, by entering here
In alchemy, the green lion describes a chemical reaction but also represents a midpoint in a spiritual transformation; it symbolizes a step towards perfection. In mystical terms, it’s a step out of darkness (winter) towards some final transformation.
"I am who was the green and golden lion without cares; within me lie all the mysteries of the philosophers", from Rosarium Philosophorum (c. 1550).
Tonight I was playing the guitar totally unplugged, and I was goofing around with some riffs and after a while I came with an entire acoustic blues song with some lyrics too(!) Imagine my surprise because I normally play instrumental stoner/doom stuff. Anyways. These are the lyrics and if everything goes well in the next days, maybe I’ll upload a jam on this idea:
Lies & Fire She’s gone a long ago She took the mountain road But here I am still and waiting I know she won’t return, but waiting She’s haunting still my mind
Ice & Mire Obsessed with her I go (in the mire) Expect at least two words (with desire) But there’s a bitter, dark conclusion Im living in my own illusion I know she won’t return
Massive blast from the past.This is one of these tunes that mean so much in my mind. It works like a representation of an era with a very romantic approach to this kind of music. And the sound…well its heavy as fuck and its only their demo! Bend the knee to Hiliomodian Space Fuzz!